Updated Tuesday August 8, 2017 by Butch Rosier.
2017 - Soccer Referees Needed/Returning Referees Training
The South Central CYC is in need of Soccer Referees for the upcoming fall soccer season.
The requirements for NEW referees for this PAID position are as follows:
- You must be 14 years old by August 1, 2017
- Attend classroom clinic on either Wed 7/19 or Sun 7/30 at Sacred Heart – Valley Park from 6 - 10pm.
- Attend the field training on Sat 8/5 from 9-11am at St. Gerard Majella
- Bring Cash/Check/Credit Card to purchase referee jersey/pealess whistle and lanyard/data wallet w/ pad and red and yellow cards. 3 stripe referee socks will also be available for purchase.
- Receive a score of 92% or above on the 2017 Soccer Official's Test
- Referees 18 years of age must meet additional archdiocesan requirements.
RETURNING referees must also receive a score of 92% or above on the 2017 Soccer Official's Test and are encouraged to attend a classroom clinic and on field training. Classroom clinic is required for returning referees that score <92% on the official's test.